Intervals Pavings and Applications
Time and place: 15-17 October 2012, to be held at the Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
The goal of IPA 2012 is to bring together researchers working on intervals, pavings and their applications, for sharing and exchanging the state-of-the-art techniques and ideas in this area toward the most promising new directions.
IPA 2012 aims to promote computational set-valued mathematics to solve problems in estimating, testing, controlling, planning, designing and verifying among others.
Talks will be given by participants with plenty of time to interact informally
Organization and Contact
The IPA 2012 workshop is organized by Luc Jaulin, Raazesh Sainudiin, and Warwick Tucker. To contact the organizers regarding IPA 2012 please send an email to email@example.com.
The lectures will take place at the main university building, in room VIII, seemap.
- Christian Jansson (TU Hamburg - Harburg, Germany)
- Alexander Danis (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Marko Lange (TU Hamburg - Harburg, Germany)
- Zbigniew Galias (AGH, Poland)
- Oliver Junge (Technische Universität München, Germany)
- Markus Neher (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
- Irina Mitrea (Temple University, USA)
- Gilles Chabert (Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France)
- Didier Henrion (University of Toulouse, France)
- Nicolas Delanoue (LISA, Angers, France)
- Frederic Messine (ENSEEIHT-IRIT, Toulouse, France)
- Philippe Bonnifait (University of Technology of Compiègne, France)
- Denis Arzelier (LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse, France)
Invited participants will give workshops and talks on their areas of expertise. There will be plenty of time for informal interactions to facilitate cross-fertilization of ideas.
The research interactions will include the following sub-fields of interval analysis: affine arithmetic, constraint propagation, contractor programming, differential equations, dynamical systems, global optimization, parameter estimation, partial differential equations, polynomial arithmetic, randomized enclosure algorithms, semi-definite programming, state estimation, Taylor models, etc.
The schedule for the workshop is available here: ipa2012Schedule.
The workshop dinner will take place 19:00 on Monday evening at Peppar Peppar